Sunday, November 11, 2007

No Self Control

Okay, there's no recipe today either. But I can explain! No one sells fennel right now. Really, I looked. I tried! So my recipe fell flat in the store. It's just that, after the fennel defeat, I was loitering around the produce section. This is always a bad idea where I'm concerned. Especially since I was in PUBLIX and sometimes they have STUFF. Like, cool stuff. Stuff that you see on TV shows but they don't sell in South Georgia.

Today they had a squash selection, and yeah, they do sell that in South Georgia, but shut up. They had all KINDS of squash. Not just normal stuff. Variety will be the death of me because I have NO SELF CONTROL. None. It's heart-wrenching, I know. But look at my spoils!



I uh... bought one of each. But I kept them small! I have pumpkin, butternut, buttercup, spaghetti, acorn, hubbard, turban, delicata, sweet dumpling, and gold acorn. 10 ain't bad, right?

Plus, I used paper bags and bought one of those Thanksgiving bags for charity. I feel this offsets my utter idiocy.

Of course, this reminds me of the last time I was caught unawares in the Publix produce section. Only that time, I was meserized by fruit.



Or when I went apeshit over plants.


One day, self-restraint might come in handy. Until then, I take pictures.

No comments: