Monday, November 12, 2007

Look at Squash!

It's been crazy over here. It'll be crazy again tomorrow. And probably for the rest of the week. So, while I've been dreaming of my squash, I haven't had a chance to do anything with them. In the spirit of that, I'm feeding off inspiration for later and I'll share it here. I've found a few links that I think I might be using for recipes.

Simply Recipes has an index just for winter squash recipes. I swear, there's nothing this chick hasn't cooked.

The Wednesday Chef is the one who started this whole mess. Her recipe for delicata squash and celery root puree was what made me stop and figure out what a delicata squash was and the rest was history.

I can't think of anything more beautiful or appropriate for a turban squash than stuffing it. Just think of the presentation points on that one.

There's also my favorite recipe for brown sugar acorn squash. Come to think of it, it's probably the only thing I've ever had with acorn squash. Could be wrong. But I'm pretty sure that's where I'm headed, so look out for that.

I've been obsessed with making mosaics since I was told where to go. So Winter Squash Medley!



1. Winter Squash, 2. winter squash, 3. Roasted Acorn Squash and Garnet Yam Soup with Bacon and Caramelized Apples, 4. Ingredients for Sam's Healthwise Food Cakes", 5. Soupe à la courge et gingembre cristallisé - Pumpkin Soup with Crystallized Ginger, 6. mmm squash, 7. Winter Squash Soup . . . with a KICK!, 8. Winter Squash, 9. Winter Squash

No comments: