Thursday, April 12, 2007

Best Intentions

Well, another Sunday over and another post not submitted. For anyone interested, I did not take from my recipe stockpile for the last two weeks. Two Sundays ago, I was on the onion kick. While I did make french onion soup, I had roasted potatoes to go with it. Also, I was so unhappy with the soup that I didn't make my cut recipe for individual apple pies and instead bought a boston cream pie. The boyfriend liked the soup, but I thought it just tasted burnt. Last Sunday I had sushi night! I was very excited about this because I had my boyfriend and best friend over to enjoy it. I found an asian grocery down here and finally bought nori. Honestly, I have more sushi rice than is strictly healthy. But three kinds of sushi, noodles, and steamed vegetables later, everyone was happy and full.

My original intention for Sundays was mostly to get off my ass at least once a week and get into the kitchen. I love cooking and experimenting, but lately it just seems like a hassle. I look forward to Sundays more than any day of the week now. It's one day that is set aside just for food, where anything else is just a bonus. So while my paper stockpile is dwindling more slowly than I'd like, I achieved my main goal. In the end, that's all that matters.

No comments: