Thursday, April 21, 2011

Roasted Chickpea Crunchies


Sometimes you just find a recipe that's so awesome you fall in love and have to share. Then you share until it's annoying for the people around you and they tell you to shut up. This is that new recipe for me. All I wanted was a little snack, something to tide me over. These recipe challenges so often end up with lots of real food but no munchies. To remedy that I decided to make these.


And proceeded to get annoying.




These things are too easy. I've made them twice now and I'm about to start branching out and trying them with other beans. The recipe calls for canned chickpeas which was great. I think I like them from dried beans better though. I can't tell a difference in taste, but I love the texture difference. Also, if you're not into the corn-nut kind of crunch that these can get, just cook them a few minutes less for a less intense crunch and lovely chew.

Plus, these are crazy flexible. You can try any combo of herbs and spices you can dream of. The only one I've tried so far (because I love it as much as these) is a smoked sweet paprika, cumin, cayenne, black pepper, and brown sugar. Oh, touch me.
Throw out those potato chips! What are you waiting for? Click here to get the recipe and go wild.

No comments: