Sunday, March 13, 2011

Gluten-Free Eats: Mexican Pumpkin Soup and Cornbread

Thank the heavens for awesome bloggers, because they've saved my little gluten-free butt. I was really starting to worry that I might not make it with what I had on hand. Not only did I find delicious recipes, I also got to use up some of my pantry left-overs.

It all started with the goodness that is spicy pumpkin soup. How can you not want that? It's savory and surprisingly healthy. Plus, this is something you can feed to carnivores and vegans alike. I love food that is so tasty and versatile that no one can refuse. Instead of the jalapeno, I simmered the soup with one chipotle in adobo sauce. It turned out smokey, creamy, flavorful, and so satisfying. I highly recommend it no matter what your dietary preferences.



Mexican Pumpkin Soup
from Gluten Free Goddess

What goes better with a spicy soup than cornbread? Well, if you're gluten-free, worry not. I found this cornbread recipe that tastes EXACTLY like my normal cornbread. Sweet, light texture, goes with anything, and super simple. Of course, if you're weird and not into sweet cornbread (for shame!), simply omit the sugar and add your own favorite spices. Don't tell me and I won't hold it against you. And if you're wondering, I substituted brown rice flour and it turned out great, so don't be afraid to experiment.
Gluten-Free Cornbread
from Gluten Free Mommy

No comments: