Friday, November 6, 2009

Zucchini bread with blueberries


Just in case you were wondering what happened to the rest of the blueberries from the buckle. Now you know. This was nice, very moist, not overly sweet, and not too rubbery. Maybe I'm strange though, I like a bit of rubber to my quick cakes. There have been some cakes that are so moist or fluffy that they just fall apart. A bit of rubber now and again isn't the end of the world. It's just the end of being forced to eat off a plate and not with your fingers.

Moving on.

I used this recipe as a base and made a few substitutions. In fear of making it too dry, I stuck with the recipe and used half whole wheat flour instead of going whole wheat all the way like I originally wanted to. Apple sauce was used instead of oil, the brown sugar was decreased to one cup. I increased the cinnamon just a little and threw in about 1 cup of blueberries. Isn't it pretty the way the blue and green contrast with the brown. You know, in an "I'm totally not thinking of mold right now" kind of way. I thought so too.

No comments: