Sunday, November 1, 2009

Lasagna



Alright, everyone. It's November, and around here that means NaBloPoMo. I can't guarantee that I'll actually be able to pull it off here as well as the craft blog because I'm about to graduate and am running around like crazy. But here's to hoping.

So let's kick November off with something awesomely awesome. I've never made lasagna before. Really. I can hear you booing me, so knock it off. Usually, it's bland and rubbery and craptastic. I've never understood why so many people liked it. But like the eggplant parmesan I'd never tried before for the exact same reason, I decided why not? It won't kill me.

I might kill myself for not trying it sooner though. OHMYGOD! I love lasagna. Lasagna is where it's at. Lasagna is where it always should be. /crazy-love



I decided to use the simplest recipe I could find that still sounded good. This recipe fit to a T. As far as substitutions go, I used ground pork instead of beef with about 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds thrown in because I couldn't find italian sausage to add. I omitted the sugar, used a mix of cottage cheese and ricotta, and (of course) forgot the egg for the cheese filling. But no bother. It still came out delicious. And I ate it all. ALL. That's a feat in itself for me.

1 comment:

Mariana said...

There's nothing better for comfort than a good BIG pan of lasagna!