Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bean and Barley Soup

How has everyone been? Well, I've been much better since my new computer has finally arrived. It's been painful without it. Would you believe that I couldn't update the blog on my borrowed laptop? It would let me on the page! Because of that, you've missed this recipe. Well, it's another Zylo recipe, so it's more an outline than anything else. Still, it's good, I got to use of leftovers, and it's made with things I had on hand. Read: perfect. I also lived on this for a week. Since school started, I haven't cooked anything of value and have been living off fast food. This was the only healthy thing I've had since. Let's see where I go from here, yeah?



Bean and Barley Soup

1-2 quarts water depending on how soupy you want
Enough stock to flavor, I used the rest of my chicken boullion and 1 tomato cube
1 cup pearl barley
1 cup lentils or beans of choice (I usually keep lentils on hand, plus no pre-cooking)
1 can tomatoes or roughly 3 chopped
Chopped broccoli (again, what I had on hand and I love broccoli in my soups)

Bring water to a boil. Dissolve boullion. Dump in everything else and cook for 1-2 hours. Eat.

1 comment:

Mariana said...

Sounds good. I love barley.