Sunday, November 18, 2007

Squash Recipes

Yes, another one of those days. See, I thought I actually would cook today- it's my 1 year anniversary with the Poor Schmuck. But since I have two tests in two days in my two hardest classes, not so much. However, I have been sifting throught the interesting squash recipes on the web. So far, I've bookmarked more than I'll ever make for each type I bought.

Buttercup Squash
Baked Buttercup Squash- a little sweet and savory
Buttercup Squash and Leek Soup with Herb Butter
Buttercup Squash with Apples
Garam Masala Buttercup Squash Fry
Buttercup Squash, Parsnip, and Cranberry Bean Stew- I didn't know what a cranberry bean was- shows what I know.

Delicata
Baked Delicata Squash with Lime Butter
Delicata Delish- this is a savory dish with quinoa. I've got a little bag of it and have no idea what to use it for, so this might be interesting.
Garlic Delicata

Acorn
Beet Soup in Roasted Acorn Squash

Butternut
Candied Butternut Squash with Cinnamon and Honey
Carmelized Butternut Squash

Hubbard
Grandma's Sweet Hubbard Squash Custard Pie
Hubbard Squash in Sour Cream
Savory Hubbard Seeds

Turban
Turban Squash Soup

Pumpkin
Pumpkin Chowder- bacon and pumpkin? Could be good!
Toasted Pumpkin Seeds- Three Ways
A whole page of Pumpkin Soup recipes.

Sweet Dumpling
Savory Stuffed Sweet Dumplings
Simple Sweet Dumpling

Also a two-for-one!
Savory Acorn and Sweet Dumpling Squash Soup

2 comments:

Mary said...

The beet soup in acorn squash looks really really good!

Zylo said...

I figured you'd say that. It's also something I've been tempted to try since I saw yours, but the recipe's too large and I don't know how to scale is back so far.