Monday, October 8, 2007

Pumpkin Cheesecake as Promised

Yes, I did make it. Yes, I was proud of myself. Oh, he liked it too.

I got the recipe for this marbled pumpkin cheesecake at Allrecipes.com. Now, while this was a very good recipe enjoyed by all, I don't think I'll be making it again. It tasted just like pumpkin pie, only much thicker and creamier. Not at all bad, but not usually what I want when I make cheesecake. I'm ignoring the fact that I made it for someone else. Also, the reviewers were right in saying that it didn't have enough spice. I added more cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, even cayenne trying to get the spice I wanted, but to no avail. Again, not bad but I would have liked more punch. The cheesecake recipe itself, before you add the pumpkin, was really good and so user friendly. I'll probably use the base again for other flavors.

Making this damn thing was a test of patience as well, since I had to deal with this- pre-molded cheese. I could have done this myself, thank you. Following this were two calls to store managers and running out to buy even more cream cheese. I was not at all happy while making this cake.



I added the gingersnap crust into the "fern" colored dish I bought for him since he doesn't have anything to bake in. He was impressed with my ingenuity, oh yes.




The two batters had great color, but they didn't swirl as nicely as I would have liked. I even added food coloring, but it didn't make a bit of difference. Look at the beaters though! Very pretty.


And the finished product.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh! i love anything pumpkin. maybe its my october birthday. i also love pumpkin flan. your blog i so dangerous!