Sunday, December 12, 2010

Setting Up with Onions and Soup

Well, I haven't been here in chilly PA too long but I've already managed to catch a good sale. Buy one get one on 3 pound bags of onions. Oh yeah. Chopped and separated into 1 cup servings and waiting in the freezer for whenever I need them. I saved the peels, in case you were wondering, for lovely stock later on. You guys are impressed, aren't you? You should be.

Boo. Fucking. Yah.

That's what 16 measured cups of frugal ambition looks like.




And this is what a mutant onion looks like.



Well, minus one cup to make my favorite kale soup again. The chorizo up here is different, but I managed to pull off the same wonderful flavor that makes the office smell like heaven. I might get fired purely out of jealousy.



On another note, let's rejoice that I have a camera again! It'll take a while to learn the kinks, but I'm well on my way to a blogful of half-assed scenery. You're welcome.

1 comment:

Mariana said...

Good for you. Wish I had freezer space for those lovely sales. I think the new camera took some nice pics. Can't wait to see more.