Friday, February 12, 2010

Eggnog Cupcakes

Oh, Christmas was hectic this year. I was trying to graduate, trying to job search, and trying to move. Needless to say, the Christmas baking was severly limited. In fact, no actual homemade goods were given. Period. It hurt my heart a little bit.

Still, goaded on by the lusciousness that is Starbuck's eggnog latte, I wanted more eggnog in my life. Once I found this recipe for eggnog cupcakes on the baking bites site, I knew I had to try them right that second.

Picture? No. My camera was mostly MIA for that whole time period. I can say that they were good though. Let's discuss: the cupcakes were supposed to be vegan. Well, I used real eggnog, so they weren't anymore. Since the recipe used vegan substitutes though, they weren't as moist on top as normal. They almost had a chewy quality on the top. The real downer was the frosting. Her recipe looked great and I bet it would have tasted that way. However, I used butter that had been subjected to my refrigerator for way too long, hence the frosting tasted like eggnog and the hell that is my fridge. Not so tasty. Alas.

However, next year I think I'll try them again and maybe even get to enjoy them. If you'd like to try, here's the link. I wish you fresh buttery joy.

Also, I've added a word verification setting for post comments. I've been seeing a huge increase in spam. I hope this doesn't deter anyone from leaving me a message or talking with other readers.

No comments: