Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Unbaked Lemon Pasta


Luckily, every once in a while, I'll look at something, make it because it looks interesting, and actually like it. This was one of those times. I mean spaghetti smothered in sour cream and lemon? Sign me up!

And have I been living under a rock or something? Why haven't I known about Pioneer Woman before this?

I don't have a picture because I was so hungry every time that it was finished before I could even think the word "camera" in my mind. (It's amazing how much I lie) Plus, I didn't bake it. Couldn't be buggered. I dished out individual portions with sauce. I'm sort of ambivalent about parsley. Granted, I haven't tried a whole lot of flat leaf parsley, so I'm not in a position to really judge, but it just doesn't seem like it would add a whole lot. It'll have to go on my list of things to try. Otherwise, this dish benefits from a heavy hand of black pepper. I do love black pepper so. One of those things I swore I didn't like until college when I actually tried it. How young and naive I was. Watch this space in a few years for the same remark on parsley.

1 comment:

Mariana said...

Memory serves me correctly....there were a LOT of things you wouldn't try before you left home. I'm proud you've graduated to onions, garlic and all sorts of things. I remember making my favorite broccoli/raisin salad and having to leave the onions out because you wouldn't touch it! My my how time flies and how we grow and move on.