Monday, October 5, 2009

Chocolate Cruncher-Nutter Bars and Stuff




I took an recipe for fluffer-nutter bars, added two ounces pre-melted unsweetened chocolate that's been sitting around since the dawn of my kitchen, and substituted crunchy peanut butter for the smooth. Of course, they would have tasted better if the cheerios I'd used hadn't been as old as the chocolate. Still. Not a bad use of sweet stuff.

However, I'm not sold on the fluffer-nutter deal. It sounds good. It should be good. I find the Fluffy Whip kind of tasteless. I guess I'm a little old fashioned and still believe that peanut butter and chocolate love will triumph over all.

To test this theory however, I started slathering peanut butter on all manner of things. One in particular I just had to snap a photo of.



Who thought of peanut butter and potato chips? Who had an overabundance of potatoes and peanuts and racked their brain for ideas? Personally, I think they could have come up with something better. But on my journey to really experiment with the stuff, I soldiered on and ate it. See?



The only one I've heard of and haven't tried yet is PB and mayo hot dogs. Yeah. And truly, it's only because I keep forgetting to buy hot dogs. One day...

What's your favorite pairing?

No comments: