Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Pork Schnitzel with Sour Cream Dill Sauce



Recently, my friends and I have been cooking a lot. Mostly, I'm not involved in any way, but I took over my friend's kitchen a week or so ago and whipped up probably the best shrimp scampi I've ever made just with what he had on hand. So we've been experimenting a bit more and decided to try something different for the holiday. Seeing as how I've been craving schnitzel since I'd seen this recipe months ago, I suggested it. Luckily, my friends love me and agreed. They paired it with a corn casserole, and some chips and AMAZING black bean salsa picked up at a recent wine tasting.

The schnitzel was so easy to make, but really satisfying. Right out of the pan, the pork is so juicy and flavorful you might not need sauce. After it rested, it lost a bit of the flavor though. The sauce is too salty on its own, but pairs nicely with the pork. Most of my experience with pork chops has been dismal, so I'm really excited to have something revive my interest in them. Schnitzel is where it's at.



If you're looking for an interesting read, check out the comments for this recipe at the original sight. There are quite a few confused Americans amid the pissed off Germans and Austrians. Me? I just love sour cream. Please excuse the appalling photos. I had crap lighting and I was hungry.

No comments: