Friday, August 8, 2008

Cheesy Chicken Biscuits

Kay. I do have a recipe and everything, but I want to start by warning everyone to STAY SAFE FROM EVIL BUGS. I was driving to the grocery store and felt something digging into my back. Okay, it must be the tag to my underwear. Not that I pull it up to the center of my back or anything, but you know what I mean. Anyway, I reach back to move it when I grab something. Wad of scratchy paper? No. Bug. Big, sharp, earthy-toned bug of doom. In my car. Sliding down the back of my jeans.

It tried to eat me.

Do you hear me? Eat. Beware.

I bet you're wondering what that has to do with food. Well, I was on my way to the grocery store. There. All connected now. Anyways, wanted something simple and quick, so off to the church cookbooks I ran. This is actually a recipe submitted my one of my cousins. Next time, I'll cut up all my pieces of chicken and cheese smaller. I also halfed the recipe, but I would keep the full amount of biscuits, especially if you bick up the butter and garlic cresent rolls because they're SO good.

Cheesy Chicken Biscuits

2 cans refrigerated biscuit or crescent rolls
1 8 oz block cream cheese
2 8oz blocks cheese, any kind (I used sharp cheddar)
1 pkg boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used thighs)



Cook chicken and cut into pieces. Set aside
Flatten one can of biscuits in a baking dish. Cut all cheese into 1 inch cubes and place over biscuits with chicken. Flatten the other can of biscuits on top. Bake in a 350F for 30-40 minutes or until top is brown. Remove from oven and top with butter. Cut and serve.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh that looks totally yummy! And that's so freaky about the bug!