Friday, May 9, 2008

Chicken Salad Version 1.0


I don't know what it is, but the siren's song of perfect chicken salad will not let me be. I did this a year ago when I made a different version of it almost every night. This may be the first of many. My panel (okay, me and one friend) gave it a 7 out of 10, with me being more critical. Lots of good flavors here, didn't dissapoint at all. However, I think the sweet to chicken ratio was a little too in the chicken's favor. I'm going for balance here and it was just a bit wobbly for me. A little sweet relish on top fixed most of that. Not the perfect recipe yet.



V 1.0


3 C rotisserie chicken, chopped

1/2 C diced radish

1/2 C diced grapes

1/4 C diced celery

1/4 C diced red onion

1/4 C plus up to 2 T mayo

black pepper
Mix well. I wanted a more "cohesive" salad, so I threw half of it in the food processer. I think it added to the overall flavor blend and made it creamier so I could do without a ton of mayo.



No comments: