Friday, February 1, 2008

Broiled Lemon Garlic Chicken and Dijon Potatoes

This should be routine about now since I've been on a chicken and potatoes kick. It's easy, it's relatively cheap, and there are tons of possibilities. Of course, I've realized that all these flavors tend to meld together to create "roasted chicken" flavor, so I think I'll be getting away from this relatively soon.

The marinade for the chicken was from Joy of Cooking, but I decided against broiling in favor of roasting because, naturally, the potatoes were under the chicken. I ran out of lemon juice a while ago and only had one lemon. I compensated by topping off with citrus Smirnoff. I couldn't tell a difference. Plus, with no lemon there were no lemon potatoes. I used the rest of the dijon mustard from the marinade and just slathered it on. While everything was good and tasty, it had, inexplicibly, an undercurrent of peanut butter.



Broiled Lemon Garlic Chicken Marinade
Joy of Cooking 75th Anniversary edition

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1-2 T pressed or minced garlic
1 T dijon mustard
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper

Mix and marinade for at least one hour. Coats 3 1/2 to 4 lbs of meat. It can be reduced later on with the drippings for a sauce.

1 comment:

Mary said...

How interesting it had the undercurrent of peanut butter. It looks really tasty though!