Thursday, December 27, 2007

Pantry Dinner: Thursday

My current kitchen resolution: no grocery shopping until January 7. That's the first day of school. This excludes fresh vegetables or "pantry staples" to aid clearing out the pantry. It's packed with crap I didn't know I had. I know a lot of you are in the same position. Since my kitchen reorganization is nearly complete and everyone's budget is slim from the holidays, now is a good time to challenge yourself not to spend anymore. Along with this, I am not allowed to buy fast food. Most of the time, I really don't want to eat it anways, but I've got nothing at home and don't feel like cooking it. Sad huh?

Tonights dinner: Asian Shrimp Rice

Ingredients:
1 box Rice-a-Roni Asian Flavors rice mix
1 can shrimp

Cook and serve time: 20 minutes

I'm actually surprised at how good the rice is. Most "asian-flavored" rice mixes taste like ass. Does it taste asian? No, except for the hint of soy sauce. Still, Rice-a-Roni usually pulls through. A little plate with a glass of homemade iced tea and a plate of cookies bigger than my head, and that's a meal!

Isn't it pretty?

No.

No comments: