Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Fancy First Week Dinner

So the first week of school has come and gone. We're moving on to the second week. At the end of the first week, you're usually exhausted. Less from the actual workload and more from the excitement, nervousness, and all the rushing around. All I really wanted Friday night was a nice meal. Something kind of fancy, something I might not make on a regular basis. But really, anything that wasn't pizza would do.

I found some low-key fancy recipes online and went to town.
1. I think I've made a chicken recipe every time I've cooked for nearly the last year.
2. Twice baked potatoes are the shit. Seriously.

I made chicken piccata. It was alright. I mean, it was tasty and real food, but I might not make it again. Possibly because something made it smell like burnt plastic. The twice stuffed potatoes on the other hand, those are now a staple. I had no idea how easy they were to prepare. Jeez, bake potato, mix with tasty stuff, rewarm. That's it. Mine didn't look pretty or anything, but they tasted divine. Dee-vine. They were probably the first thing I've eaten as a leftover in a long time. They were breakfast actually.

Anyway, I forgot to take a picture of the chicken in the pan- and they were very pretty too. I didn't have quite enough food to fill up my plate. This was the only picture I could get because I was about to fall on my food.



They look like twins.

I hope to get around to more cooking on the weekends, because I've mostly been subsisting on peanut butter and honey sandwiches for the last two weeks. And tuna salad. And pizza. Eww... pizza. That shows you how much I've consumed recently. Enough to be disgusted by it. I'll do more and better later, but I've got to run and finish up my school things before class. Bye.

No comments: